Picking the right nail color at the nail salon is not an easy task. Although it may look easy, the huge selection of colors makes it really hard. You look around, pick a color, try it on quickly, and quickly decide whether you want the color or not. If you’re not quick enough, you are faced with the tension of the employees hurrying you up. So, if you’re one of those people who has trouble picking out the right nail color, here are some tips to help you choose the right nail color:
1. Always think of where you are going during the week. If you’re going to be very hand’s on during the week, I would recommend choosing a lighter color because that way if they do chip, it won’t be as noticeable.
2. Keep the season in mind. During the winter and fall, darker colors usually fit best. Whereas, the spring and summer season call for lighter colors. When the sun comes out, so do the lighter colors. In addition, keep your skin tone in mind. If you have lighter skin, pick a color that will show, but not over power your overall look. A darker color pairs best with a darker skin tone.
3. If you’re going to a party and know what you will be wearing, it never hurts to match your outfit with your nails. In addition, there’s no harm in matching your make-up to your nails. Furthermore, there’s nothing wrong with matching, your manicure and pedicure.
4. Keep yourself focused on your choice. Many times I go to the nail salon, look to my right and see the color of the woman next to me is wearing, and opt for that. Later, I realize that the color I decided to change last minute, shouldn’t have been switched. So focus on your color and only your color.
5. Don’t be afraid to voice your opinion. If you see that your manicurist makes a mistake, tell her. They may be offended, but I would rather walk out with a perfect manicure, then one that has a small mistake. If your nails are not as short as you want them to be, tell her. Don’t be afraid. Remember, you’re the one paying.
So next time you go to the nail salon and are having trouble choosing the right nail color keep these 5 tips in mind, and I’m sure your next trip to the nail salon will be a lot easier.