What To Wear To A Black Tie Affair
The summer is winding down, but wedding season is at its peak. I have a wedding almost every weekend, and most of them are black tie. A black tie affair definitely calls for a different type of attire for both men and woman. So, if you’ve been invited to a black tie affair, or you’re just having trouble deciding what exactly to wear, here are 10 tips to guide you in dressing up for a black tie affair:
1. Stay away from wearing white. Whenever you go to a wedding you don’t want to outshine the bride. So pick a dress that isn’t white.
2. Black-tie calls for a formal, elegant look. A solid color dress is always safe; however the summer season definitely calls for color. So feel free to play with color. Of course, you can never ever go wrong with a black dress, whether short or long.
3. One thing I always keep in mind in regards to the dress I am wearing is quality fabric
4. Keep in mind where the actual wedding is taking place. A black-tie wedding, taking place at a church, or synagogue may require a more conservative dress. If you are wearing a sleeveless dress I would recommend wearing a shawl, which can add style and elegance to your whole look.
5. Don’t forget your shoes. Even if you’re wearing a long dress, shoes are still a strong key to the whole look. You shoes are always showing, so don’t hold back there. And if you picture yourself dancing a lot, wear a comfortable shoe, but a stylish comfortable shoe.
6. You don’t want your dress to be too revealing. At a black-tie affair, you want to tone down the provocative aspects, and tone up your natural beauty. A dress that is too fitted, too short and too open may be inappropriate for a black tie affair.
7. Don’t hold back on jewelry. A black tie affair is the perfect occasion to take out the diamonds and jewelry, and show them off.
8. Don’t forget about accessories. Keep this in mind: If you’re wearing a simple dress you want to add color and attention to all your accessories. A handbag is the perfect way to do that. However, with a dress that is a bit busier, you want to tone down the colors for your accessories. Don’t over do it, but keep it subtle and elegant.
9. Don’t forget your manicure and pedicure, especially if your wearing open toe shoes. A French manicure is always your safest bet.
10. Hair makes a big difference. A black-tie affair is your chance to wear your hair up. If you wear your hair up, don’t forget your earrings.
When your going to a black tie affair, take the time to get ready but if you don’t have the time to get ready keep these tips in mind. A black-tie affair gives you the opportunity to really dress up. There’s no harm in doing your hair, or nails because as I always say the best place to meet someone is at a wedding ;)