It is that time again for The Body Shop’s Semi-Annual Skin Care Event and it is not to be missed! Not only are all of their skin care products Buy 2 Get 1 Free, they are also offering starter sets for just $12. I personally cannot resist this deal. Sorry - I just cannot do it. :)
First things first - think about what kind of skin you have. Then, check out the list and descriptions below to see what line is best for you. I have also picked out a few stand-out items from each type just to help get you started!
Normal Skin Type
- Vitamin E Face Spritz - This is just as soothing as it sounds. With it’s delicate rose scent this can be used as a toner and/or a pick-me-up spray throughout the day.
- Vitamin E Eye Cream -Normal skin is beautifully free of all but the finest of lines. Prevention is the name of the game here and Vitamin E is perfect for moisturizing and maintaining your skin’s resilience.
Oily Skin Type
- Tea Tree Oil Skin Facial Wash - This gel-based cleanser will do just what we want for oily skin; cleanse well but never dry the skin. The Tea Tree Oil is a potent anti-bacterial agent and Tamanu Oil is an effective anti-inflammatory to soothe redness.
- Tea Tree Concealer Stick (in two shades) This does your typical concealer one better since it contains acne-fighting tea tree oil. To treat while you cover is the ideal route, right?
Sensitive Skin Type
- Aloe Protective Serum - Use this serum to protect and nurture your reactive skin. Aloe will calm and soothe while Soy Oil hydrates and adds fatty acids keeping your skin smooth and supple. Beautiful results from this one.
- Aloe Gentle Exfoliator - Even sensitive skin needs help turning those skin cells over. We just approach it with a lot of TLC. This product makes the grade as it is creamy and extra gentle but it will still leave you with silky smooth, refined complexion. Follow this with the Protective Serum and you won’t be able to stop touching your face - it will feel like heaven.
Dull/Dry Skin Type
- Vitamin C Energizing Face Spritz - I use this every chance I get - I can never get too much Vitamin C for my dry skin. Just a spray or two and your complexion will immediately radiate (no kidding - its addictive!) and the scents of Grapefruit and Orange Oils are just… yummy and fresh. It is the perfect addition to any Vitamin C skin care regimen.
- Vitamin C Plus Time Release Capsules - As much as I ADORE Vitamin C, it is not the most stable of skin care ingredients. Ideally, we could serve our skin a fresh batch every day to use it in the most effective way. Well, guess what? We can do that! Each capsule is pure Vitamin C sealed to protect from oxidation. This keeps this wonder vitamin as potent as is possible and that means keeping your face healthy and glowing.
Mature Skin Type
- Wise Woman Luxury Cleanser - Olive Oil is the supreme moisturizer and ideal for mature complexions. This also has a complex made up of Red Clover, Wild Yam, Star Fruit Oil and Oleanic Acid to cleanse, rejuvenate and bring out the radiance in your skin.
- Wise Woman Regenerating Day Cream - Practically the Holy Grail of moisturizers, this one has it all. Start with Cocoa Butter, add Grapeseed Oil, Rosehip Seed Oil, 100% Mineral Sunscreens and you have the makings for a firming, smoothing, ultra-hydrating cream. Not just for mature skin either. I recommend this one to anyone that suffers with dry skin that has been hard to correct with typical creams.
JUST FOR MEN! They deserve fabulous skin too!
- Maca Root Eye Rescue Serum - Instant gratification for him by immediately depuffing eye area and provides excellent moisturization. Contains the most loveable of antioxidants Vitamin C and E.
- Maca Root Wash off Shave Oil - The best idea for shaving; Brazil Nut Oil softens beard for a closer shave and unlike cream, provides full visibility so less knicks!
This is amazing and so exciting. I cannot decide if I want to shop online or in the store. Perhaps I will do both. Why not, right? While I was never very happy with their cosmetics, The Body Shop offers top-notch ingredients .that I definitely recommmend. With skin care and basic cosmetics, I always say buy the best you can afford since we want them to give us what we need to have gorgeous skin. Well, with sales like these, what we can afford can be a lot more than what we thought!
Don’t forget the starter sets that are now on sale for $12 and are regularly $24! They are available in Seaweed (combo), Aloe (sensitive), Vitamin E (Normal), Tea Tree (Oily/Acne Prone) and Wise Woman (mature). They are the perfect sets to see what works for you. Oh yes! They even have one just for our men with everything they need for shaving and caring for their face too.