Stressed Out? Need The Magic To Be Happy? Read On!
Another year, another day, another morning - full of promise and full of stress as well! We all have responsibilities, families to take care of, work to be finished, presentations to be made, numbers to be crunched - and in the race to reach 'there', we get stressed out. And we all have been there! To break the monotony and feel energized, here is my list of 10 feel-good, pick-me-up, make-me-smile magic tricks! All you need is just a little time!
1. Get some aromatherapyThink outside lavender vanilla! The fresh peppermint, eucalyptus or citrus scents in the morning showers can energize the body and mind to make you ready for another hectic day!
2. Go for a stroll with someone you loveTake a walk with your husband or best friend or your kid or a dog (or with all of them together!) The little moments have big impact in life!
3. Get a kitchen facialForget the trips to spa and expensive treatments. Open the kitchen cabinet (or even the medicine cabinet) for some instant TLC! Here is how to make an easy face mask. Works really well for troubled skin - one of my favorites!
4. DIY somethingThe process is more important than the results. Get inspiration from awesome blogs like Honestly WTF or I Spy DIY! It might not come out to be perfect, but it will be super fun!
5. Give yourself a pedicureGive your nail salon a break and get the little plastic tub out! Simply soaking the feet in warm water, few flower petals (or some regular shampoo) and massaging the soles can make a huge difference! That's the time when I get creative ideas:-)
6. Drink more waterHey, even if there is no scientific proof, you will feel better!
7. Teach a child somethingTeach a kid how to ride a bike, how to count backwards, how to draw a butterfly.. Trust me- it is the ultimate mood lifter!
8. Build an outfit around your least favorite/least used pieceWe all have pieces in our closet we bought on an impulse and hardly use! (way out in the back where sun don't shine!, Yes plaid capris, I am talking about you!) Make them the centerpiece of the outfit and build something fun! It is a good exercise if you time on your hand and you want some laughs!
9. Forget stats , play for a dayNo more thoughts about numbers - be it calories (don't go all fried now!), Google analytics stats (yes, you blogger you!), salary or bonus..Just enjoy the moment. As my friend said the other day, the world is gonna end in 2012, better enjoy every day!:-)
10. Count your blessings...and be thankful! You have it good!
Be Happy everybody!